Friday, November 14, 2008

Early Archery Season 1st Trip!



This was my first year as a Bow Hunter

I spent my first day down around the Ashford area, it took a while to get down there and a bit longer to drive up the old logging road to the Lake Christine Trail Head got there about 7am. Started out on the Trail to Lake Christine and immediately had an animal get spooked and run off down the hillside. Never saw anything but definitely heard enough to get the adrenaline started.

It was a super cloudy and misty day so everything off trail was very wet and slippery. After getting to Lake Cristine I decided to venture off trail for a while and saw tons on deer tracks, and even more bear tracks.

I never did shoot an arrow that day but had a lot of fun getting out and just walking around in some excellent country. Got back to the Jeep a little bit after noon.

If you look at the map you can see where the GPS tracked me that day. This was a great area to go and look forward to going back some time agian.




No comments: