Saturday, November 29, 2008

Vail Tree Farm

Due to logging activity the entrance I was going to use was closed off. Another entrace was closed dude to people durring the modern firearm season destroying and littering. The entrance I was left with was fine it just took a while to find.



This was my first time out with my mountain bike. I am hooked! Because no motorized access was allowed. I was able to cover lots of ground on the mountain bike. In the future I would like to make it a bit quieter. In the past i used this mountain bike for Freeride mnt. biking. using it for hunting worked out great.




I was within 100 yards of a doe today, she was on the edge of a clearcut. Once she saw me she freaked out and ran into the hillside and heavier trees. That was the highlight of this trip.. I climed a decent sized hill called bald mountain... really cool, really tough getting up

2 comments:

Chris said...

How would you carry the buck out on your bike?

Scott said...

working, on getting a used two kid bike trailer to leave in the Jeep and go get when I shoot something. They say it handles two 50 pound kids.... I am thinking one 100 pound gutted deer