Friday, July 3, 2009

Pre-Season scounting #2 Lost and Quinn Lake

Had an abosulty awesome hike today! I headed out this morning at 5am to go up to the greenwater lakes trailhead and then head to Lost lake. I have done this hike before and it is a pretty good 14 miles day hike. Today I had a couple problems, one I wanted to spend more time flyfishing then hiking and two my wife Courtney would be irate if we didnt make her familys early 4th of july party tonight on time.
I took the suggestion from a co-worker and looked for a cross county route from a forest service road to get me closer. Awesome advise Kevin I owe you one! I ended up going to the lake and back today covering about 4 miles total, not bad verses the 14 miles normal route.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Awesome Scott!!

Paolo said...

Pictures are great!

Scott said...

Yeah we will all have to go up there and camp out one night this summer... since most people have to hike over 7 miles to get up there the campsites stay pretty open