Tuesday, July 14, 2009

ALASKA! someday I may go bowhunting up there, so we will call it a scouting trip

I took off this last Friday afternoon and headed up to see a my friend Genny and her boyfriend Matt in Anchorage. Got to fly up first class which was awesome! Also once I was up there we went out to some great local bars.
The next day we headed out to Matt's fishing cabin which is about an hour or so out of Anchorage in a place called Willow AK. Once you got off the main highway you had to take an unmarked interesting dirt trail till you got to the railroad tracks. From here its a bit over a mile of hiking down the railroad till you get to what I will simply call..... AWESOME aka Matt's fishing cabin.This place was cool, you can totally see how this is big time Bear and Moose Country. Saw some huge bear tracks on the river we fished close to the cabin... HUGE bear tracks! Also some moose tracks.
As far as fly fishing goes I think Genny's Pink fly rod may have been what it took cause Matt and I got skunked, while Genny had two rainbows and a King Salmon on! I did get a couple good hits especially when we first started. Did I mention we fished till after 11pm and it was still light outside!This place was really cool and I can't wait to go back some time again

No comments: