Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Opening Day 2009!

I decided to go explore another area I had never been before yesterday for the opening day of early archery bow season. The area I hunted is past Wilkenson, past Carbonado and up the carbon river road, then up a forest service road and over a bridge.






Unfortunately the day was a huge disappointment. The closest I got to seeing a deer was startling one Early in the morning, when the light was just coming out. I heard a crack, then the noise of it running down the hillside. Needless to say I never saw a thing.
I also thought about trying to drive up the Road, and even though my xterra has 4wd low with a locking rear differential... this was a bit much.. Also I would have destroyed the paint job cause 90% of the trail is not even wide enough for a wrangler to make it up. I did see one vehicle coming up to the lake as I was heading down.... It was a Suzuki samurai with about a 12" lift and 38" tires.... Its about the only vehicle I can see taking up this road, maybe an atv.


I did cover quite a bit of land via mostly old beat to hell logging roads and cross country.


And the best part was I ended the day with 3 mosquito bites on my face, 3 on my back, 4 on my shoulder, 2 on my back, and one on my chest! The only thing on the menu yesterday was me!











Score from Yesterday:



Wilderness 1, Scott 0

2 comments:

Paolo said...

Scott, I think that was the same road you had us take the stock Ford Focus on. Or at least the road looks the same!

Court-yonce said...

I bet the score will be evened up this weekend.